Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CHANELling....

My first semester at FIT... Fall 2006, I took a class called AR112. It was like Fashion Art 101. At the end of the term we had to create a "collection" (a.k.a-3 outfits) inspired by Chanel.

Let me see how I put this...

I've never been a huge fan of Chanel-especially in those times, when I was ignorant of her amazing influence to fashion history- so I was not too excited about doing this project. However, I think it came out a LOT better than I expected it too, and my teacher was somewhat surprised by my "photoshop skills"-which at that time were close to NADA-

Honestly, I didn't realize that it was true, looking back, this project came out better that some I did on my sophomore year...


It's nice to admire your own work and remember how tedious and fun it was to do it... I swear... I still remember sitting on the floor rendering those black pants--> Marker, charcoal pencil, and even prismacolor pencil... argh, black and whites are so hard!!!
....
Although not my complete favorite-I wish I had adapted chanel more to my style- I think I like it enough to share it with you...







































No comments:

Post a Comment