Tuesday, February 1, 2011

swatching bubbles!

ciaooooo!!!
I am posting some PICTURES today!!! I know the last few times I've blabbered a lot and not entertained you with visual candy...
 but today-I've got something to share.

The semester is going pretty well -so far- (only 2 days into it). I'm excited, my teachers are excited, I've got an  internship at a happy place, and I'm starting work officially today (hostessing at a tapas bar called TIA POL, with people that are so passionate about food, I  it!)

I had a break between classes/meetings and decided to check if the knitting lab was open
- AND IT WAS-!!!

 so... I continued testing some knitting techniques for my thesis collection.
 I've been trying to achieve the effect of BUBBLES -or should I say- MOSS mounds, and have been really satisfied with the results so far. I'm going to keep experimenting with the sizes and "roundiness/pointeness" of the shapes, and I think the weight of the fabric is not quite right yet... but in terms of technique- I like where its going.

enjoy:

this is the entire swatch , knit on a brother machine, single bed, with 100% cotton yarn
 1st part: using shortrowing, like sock's heels and toes, various sizes

attempt 2: using shortrowing and another technique with various tensions
Its like knitting socks... well- like knitting toes and heels -SEPARATELY-

On thursday, I'm consulting with another professor, so I might have more samples...
 I also plan to dye these to test the natural/non toxic earth pigments.
 I'm thinking about getting from 
Kremer Pigments 
247 West 29th Street 
NYC


happy WEDNESDAY. 
feliz MIERCOLES.
buon MERCOLEDI
!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment