Monday, April 18, 2011

last meeting with critic

i know, i know... its been a longlonglong time since I've updated you, 
but its difficult to see outside of the storm when you are right in the MIDDLE of it...
I am now officially OUT
- well, of the big storm-

please enjoy some images of the process...
 these are from out LAST meeting with our critic... Reiko Waisglass 

for this last meeting we were supposed to have at least 90% of our garments complete
 so that Reiko could give us her last comments 
and allow us to make adjustments a week before -PRE-JUDGING- day.

AS ALWAYS... we run out of time. 
I was in pretty good shape with the main pices of the garments themselves but of course,
 too many hours of knitting and hand painting fabric/embroiderying, ecc...
 are sometimes dangerouse because IF YOU DONT TAKE BREAKS,
 you might have LITTLE ACCIDENTS... like I did!
 LOL! (its funny now, but not when it happened)

I spent my whole saturday painting my bubbl-ED knit panels with my amazing non-toxic dyes, and they were looking so incredibly perfect. But - i hadn't looked at anything else for days, so i allowed a divine inspiration to tell me to completely immerse the bottom of one of my panels
-IN GREEN DYE- 
ERROR!
oh gosh... terrible
 I ruined it -and in my desperation- ran to the supermarket and bought a bottle of bleach
- like tara says: YUCK- 
(which completely contradicts my vision and statement, BLEACH is the worse chemical ever... but i had no time to knit that panel again since it took me about 10 hours) 
the bleach- DID NOT HELP- 
the fabric actually turned yellow and the chemials sort -of  "ate" the fiber... so part of my panel was not "poofy" :(

sssSAD story... but you can't let that stop you...
then on Sunday night, i spent many hours hand-felting the "roots" that would hold up the flounce of my dress...
 and painting the  100% organic cotton flounce i knit... 
just to decide the next day- AFTER ONLY SLEEPING 2 hours- 
that IT WASNT doing anything for the dress and that I wouldnt use them.
so- i made them into a hair piece (its not finalized, just an idea)


 
this is what happens when you don't sleep!



reiko said...
 "omg, it really looks like your sketch", i didn't know if that was good or bad.. but, she was definitely surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment